Dean of Students
Community Education Director
8:00—8:20 Breakfast is Served
8:25 Students must be in Classrooms
8:26 Morning Announcements
3:00 Begin Dismissal
3:10 Buses depart from Rippleside
Student Council attends WE Day 9/20/2016
The Ripple Effect: Catch the Wave
PBIS Mission Statement: The mission of Rippleside's Catch the Wave program is to create an effective learning community in which all members are actively contributing through the consistent practice of respect, responsibility, safety and positive attitudes.
The mission of Rippleside’s Catch the Wave program is to create an effective learning community in which all members are actively contributing through the consistent practice of respect, responsibility, safety, and positive attitudes.
Goal 1: To decrease the number of minor and major referrals by 7% in the respect and defiance behavior area category.
Teaching focus areas will target respect and defiance. Monthly themes include:
PBIS DATA REPORT:
In the 2015-2016 school year, we had 218 minor and major referrals through the month of December. This current year, through the month of December, we have 182 minor and major referrals. Currently, we are continuing down that path of improvement. Very exciting! I would like you to be aware that the most consistent misbehavior in our school is disrespect towards adults and students. Together, we will continue to teach the appropriate ways to interact with peers and all adults in the community to help sustain our safe school.
PBIS IN THE HOME:
During the months of January and February, Rippleside Elementary will be focusing on Healthy Relationships, Internet Safety, and Problem Solving. The PBIS team at Rippleside Elementary recommends the following ideas for building respectful, responsible students and citizens:
Peanut Aware School - Please avoid bringing peanut products into the building.
How Can I Support Your Child and Rippleside School
What can I do as a parent?
- Be part of PAC team at Rippleside Contact Jenny McGuire at (218) 927-4838 for more information and if childcare is needed.
- Be part of District Parent Advisory Team (contact Lisa DeMars at (218) 927-2115 Ext. 3301)
- Attend Entrance, Fall, and Spring Conferences
- Get involved in (PTO) Parent Teacher Organization (contact Rippleside Elementary School)
- Volunteer in your child’s classroom and other school activities
- Read to your child each day
- Guide them to independence as they prepare for school each morning
Thank you for your constant support for the continuous improvement of all children.