Dean of Students
Community Education Director
8:00—8:20 Breakfast is Served
8:25 Students must be in Classrooms
8:26 Morning Announcements
3:00 Begin Dismissal
3:10 Buses depart from Rippleside
The Ripple Effect: Catch the Wave
PBIS Mission Statement: The mission of Rippleside's Catch the Wave program is to create an effective learning community in which all members are actively contributing through the consistent practice of respect, responsibility, safety and positive attitudes.
PBIS UPDATE – CATCH THE WAVE
The December theme in the school is Random Acts of Kindness. This area will be discussed and targeted in the classrooms.
With our changing weather, I would like to remind parents of the importance of dressing your child properly before they leave their residence each day.
*The following includes our expected school-wide dress for each grade level.
Students in grades K-4 must wear the following items to play on all areas of the playground:
* SNOW PANTS
If students in grades K-4 wear only the following they are expected to play on the BLACKTOP ONLY:
Our 5th and 6th graders are only required to wear the following items to play on ALL areas of the playground:
*Note: Below freezing temperatures and no snow expectation is: ALL students must wear a COAT, HAT & GLOVES/MITTENS.
The link between families and positive behavioral interventions and supports is an important one. When families are meaningfully involved in educational activities their children do better in school. Families play an important part in their child's education and social development.
I would like to give parents a few ideas on how to involve your children with PBIS in the home.
* Encourage your children to show Catch the Wave behavior at home.
* Ask your child to give examples of each expectation in school and at home.
* Do you hold students accountable for their actions while rewarding them for correct behavior? Remember to give a minimum of 5 positives for every 1 negative.
Jesse C. Peterson
Rippleside Elementary Principal
Peanut Aware School - Please avoid bringing peanut products into the building.
Grades K-3 Christmas Program
MAP of High School
What can I do as a parent?
- Be part of PAC team at Rippleside Contact Jenny McGuire at (218) 927-4838 for more information and if childcare is needed.
- Be part of District Parent Advisory Team (contact Lisa DeMars at (218) 927-2115 Ext. 3301)
- Attend Entrance, Fall, and Spring Conferences
- Get involved in (PTO) Parent Teacher Organization (contact Rippleside Elementary School)
- Volunteer in your child’s classroom and other school activities
- Read to your child each day
- Guide them to independence as they prepare for school each morning
Thank you for your constant support for the continuous improvement of all children.